Life

London-based architect George F. Durand designed several major landmarks in Petrolia, including St. Philip’s Catholic Church, Victoria Hall and St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. These photos are taken from the book, Victorian Heritage, published in 1986 by Nancy Tausky and Lynne DiStefano. Handout/Petrolia Topic

Petrolia's architect

Anyone with a keen interest in Victorian architecture knows of the name George F. Durand (1850-1889).